2017 Audition Information
Welcome to the 2017 Aftermath Percussion Audition Page. We are looking forward to an exciting year. Please read the following information as you prepare to audition.
1. In order to audition, please sign up on corps data (See bottom of page). The material for the audition and exercise packets will be available there.
2. Registration for auditions is $75 for new members ($50 for returning members). We will collect payment as you register at the audition day. We do offer payment schedules for almost all circumstances talk to the director (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any concerns.
3. As we approach the audition date, please feel free to contact us with any questions (email@example.com). Both the front ensemble and battery caption heads monitor the email address and will reply to questions. Feel free to email in regards to logistical questions also. We also have a Facebook, Twitter and 2017 Facebook interest page. Please join them as we often publish information there. These are also great opportunities to link with past members who might be able to answer questions too.
4. Please feel free to submit videos to us (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional review and comments leading up to auditions. If the file is too big, post it to a YouTube account and send us the link for the YouTube video. Our goal is for you to have the most successful audition process possible. All members will be evaluated based on playing, performing, visual abilities and most importantly, your coachability and attitude. We pride ourselves on working to make people great musicians, but we need you to come with the right approach.
5. Positions are available in every section and our auditions are open to anyone between the ages of 14-22 (must be born on or after April 1st, 1994). There is a military exemption to the age out date available also. Please contact us if you are returning from active duty and would like to audition.
What if I have Marching Band Practice or other commitments on the audition Day?
We understand that you have other commitments. Just email us (email@example.com) and we can discuss. We can work to schedule a specific audition time, if you need to leave early.
What should I bring to auditions?
Sticks/Mallets, Practice Pad, Water, Lunch and Snack. If you are auditioning for the Front Ensemble, we have mallets available. You are welcome to bring your own mallets also. We also have mallets for bass drums. Feel free to bring stands and drums if you would like. If you are auditioning for cymbals, we have several pairs for your use. If you would like to bring your own, feel free to bring them. Wear clothing appropriate for the weather and movement.
I work or am involved in other activities throughout the winter. Can I still be a member of Aftermath?
Yes. We can work with your other obligations and try to build a schedule for all involved. We are very flexible. Please talk with us early so we can start working out the details.
What is the rehearsal schedule?
Once the season starts, we rehearse on Friday evenings and all day Saturdays (9 am- 10 pm). We generally rehearse at Kutztown University, but also we will have rehearsals closer to show sites, as needed.
What does it cost to be a member of Aftermath?
Our dues are $1025 for the season. This does not include the audition fee. It does include uniform fee and hotel and bus fees for Dayton. You are expected to pay for your own performance shoes and clothing for under the uniform (compression top and shorts usually). You will also need to pay for meals. We offer a Saturday dinner for $5 each week we are rehearsing. We typically do not provide meals on show days. You will also need to pay for transportation to rehearsals and shows (we typically car pool to shows).
Do you provide housing?
No. However, several members live close to Kutztown and usually have space available at their apartments. We will help link up out of town members with in town members.
Interested in being a 2017 member of Aftermath Percussion? Sign up on Corpsdata here for more information.
Step 1: Tell us a little about yourself. (if you already have a profile created in CorpsData with Aftermath Percussion or another corps, just enter the e-mail address associated with that profile and your password. DO NOT create a new profile.)